The telemarketing industry carries with it some pretty strong stereotypes, which is unfortunate for one of the most direct routes to market with a huge amount of results to back it up.
Here are some of the myths we hear all the time
• Telemarketing calls always use scripts
• There’s no emotion, each call is just a number
• Complex products can’t be sold over the phone
• Inexperienced staff that don’t stick around
• Dishonest or aggressive methods
• Cold calling is dead
Additionally, and as a consequence of stereotyping, there are several negative myths which are associated with telemarketing. As a company that sees our clients get great results out of telemarketing campaigns, we’ve set out to debunk these and explore why they really are just myths.