17 Aug What is B2B Sales?
What is B2B Sales?
B2B is short for business to business. B2B Sales are sales where a business (a sales person) is selling a service or product to another business. Rather than selling to a consumer. Often B2B sales are more complex than B2C (Business to consumer) sales.
B2B sales is generally seen as being more challenging than B2C sales. And it usually involves products and services that cost far more. There is also often more than one person involved in the decision making for a B2B sale. Additionally the decision tends to be more financially driven. This is due to the purchaser needing to justify the purchase to other members of the organisation.
The B2B sales process also differs from B2C with the usual process involving the following steps
- Identify that the prospect has a need that your product or service can address
- Identify that the person you are speaking to can make the decision on the purchase – if not you may need to move up the line
- Identify that the prospect has the budget / funds to purchase your product or service
- Demonstrate how your product or service can solve their problem or meet their need
- Evaluate or work through the tailored / customised product or service with the prospect
- Finalise the sale
Read more about our thoughts on B2B sales